Simmons & Simmons is embedded in the international financial and regulatory community. We understand the products our Financial Institutions clients deal with, the time constraints they experience and the regulatory pressures they are under and use this to provide clients with tailored, commercial and cost-effective advice. We work with our longstanding clients across the full range of legal specialties including complex structured finance work, cross-jurisdictional regulatory projects, highly sensitive employment issues, valuable disputes matters and cutting edge ICT assignments.
The Financial Institutions sector is the largest sector of the firm and the work we do for clients in this area is at the core of our business. We are recognised for our track record of innovation and the adoption of new technologies to continually improve the way we deliver our services. Our clients choose us to help them navigate the ever changing legal and regulatory landscape.
Some of our key strength highlights include:
- awarded 'Law firm of the year' at the 2016 Structured Products Europe Awards 2016
- Charlotte Stalin (Partner, London) awarded “Legal Innovator of the Year” at the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards 2016. We were also 'Commended' for Innovation in technology and data analytics for MiFID2 Manager
- awarded Best Trade Finance Law Firm in Asia Pacific as part of the GTR Asia Leaders in Trade 2016 Awards for the second year running
- awarded the firm 'Debt Capital Markets Law Firm of the Year' at Legalcommunity’s annual Finance Awards in Milan
- awarded 'Banking and Finance Team of the Year at the Qatar Business Law Forum and Awards' 2016
- over 30 of the world’s Top 50 banks have trusted us with instructions in the last year
- shortlisted for Finance Team of the Year and Insurance Team of the Year at the Legal Business Awards 2015
- shortlisted at The Lawyer Awards 2015 for Funds Team of the Year and Regulatory Team of the Year
- named Best Trade Finance Firm in Asia Pacific at the GTR Asia Leaders in Trade Awards 2015
- named Competition and Regulatory Team of the Year at the 2015 Corporate Counsel Middle East Awards
- awarded Financial Services Tax Team of the Year - UK at the 2015 International M&A Awards
- shortlisted in three categories at Legal Week's Legal Innovation Awards 2015: Future of Legal Services Innovation; Next Generation Innovation and Pro Bono Innovation.