Rob heads the corporate & commercial practice group in the Netherlands. He has over 25 years’ experience practicing corporate law and advising on M&A, private equity and restructurings. As a sub sector focus Rob also advises property investment funds on property investment and development transactions such as share transactions and single-asset transactions. He is also involved in banking and securities law and tax law. Rob is also co-leader of the Cross Boarder Real Estate Transactions group.
Rob’s work highlights include advising Dutch brewer Bavaria on the acquisition of a controlling stake in Palm Belgian Craft Brewers, advising NIBC on the purchase of a 30% stake in FinCo Fuel Benelux and advising the shareholders of energy company Eneco on the demerger of Eneco.
Pertaining to Article 35b, first paragraph of the Dutch Regulations on the Legal Profession, Rob Hendriks has registered the following field(s) of law with the Dutch Bar Association: Financial law, Real estate law and Corporate law.
- Recent work
- advising Hines on the acquisition of Fresh Park Venlo in the Netherlands from Royal ZON and on the acquisition of ABC Westland in the Netherlands
- advising German dairy company DMK GmbH and its subsidiary DOC Dairy Partners B.V. on the acquisition of the brand and the Dutch business operations of Uniekaas
- advising the German EK/Servicegroup eG on requiring a 75% stake in Euretco
- advising SAS Atream and Home Invest Belgium on the acquisition of 330 cottages, the central facilities and public space in holiday park Port Zélande
- advising Meijer Realty Partners on the acquisition of Haaglanden Megastores, the former building of the Ministry of Social Affairs in The Hague and ASR Vastgoedontwikkeling
- advising 90 North Real Estate Partners LLP on the acquisition of the ‘Heerema building’ located in Leiden and (in partnership with Dubai-based Audacia Capital) on the acquisition of the newly developed ASICS and Danone HQ’s in Hoofddorp
- advising Fletcher Hotels on the sale of its portfolio, consisting of over 70 hotels
- advising ING Corporate Investments on the investment in Dutch full electric bus pioneer EBUSCO and on the acquisitions of a 45% stake in the capitals of Rodepa Recycling group and Scholtus Group Holding.
Rob studied Dutch law and tax law and obtained his doctorate in 1994; his doctoral thesis was entitled "Foundations within the context of corporate groups; some private law and tax law considerations". He remains active in the academic world, acting as a guest lecturer and editor, lecturing/giving post-graduate continuing university courses and publishing. He also attended the financing and security interest specialization training at Grotius Academie.
Rob is recommended by the Legal 500.