Matthias is a lawyer, civil law notary (Frankfurt am Main) and certified specialist in tenancy law (Fachanwalt für Miet- und Wohnungseigentumsrecht) in our Frankfurt office. He advises inter alia clients on all issues of property law. His practice area mainly involves advising national and international investors during real estate acquisitions, sales and project development. Matthias has also extensive experience in property related dispute resolution and arbitration.
Furthermore, Matthias has wide experiences in commercial tenancy and agency law. He frequently represents both landlords and tenants in complex lease agreement negotiations.
Matthias was listed for the second time in Legal 500 (2018/2019) as a “Next Generation Lawyer” for Real Estate.
- Recent Work
- legal advice on transactions in Germany to M7 Real Estate Group including ongoing tenancy and property law matters
- advising a M7 JV with a US PE fund on the sale of a large single tenant logistic centre
- advising the asset manager of a German Landesbank entity on the acquisition of an office building in Hamburg
- advising two family-offices on hotel project developments in Bavaria
- legal advice in tenancy law matters for the fashion retailer Tally Weijl Group.
Matthias studied law at Goethe University in Frankfurt. Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons in May 2012, he worked at another major international US based law firm for several years.
Besides his client work, Matthias was a lecturer at the Frankfurt Bar Association and the German Bar Association for tenancy and property law (Deutscher Anwaltverein).