Isabella is a partner in the corporate group in London. She has experience in a wide range of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and public and private fundraisings, including in particular advising in connection with listed funds on infrastructure investments particularly in the renewables sector.
- Recent Work
- advising Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec on its £644m acquisition of a 25% interest in the London Array, one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, from Dong Energy (now Orsted)
- advising NextEnergy Solar Fund Limited on its IPO on the Official List and LSE’s main market and its subsequent placing programmes, issue of preference shares; as well as a number of other matters including acquisitions of solar PV projects
- advising Fidante Capital on Augmentum Fintech plc’s flotation on the LSE’s main market and on a proposed flotation of a European hotels fund
- advising Macquarie Capital on its investment in the Galloper offshore windfarm and subsequent sell down to Sumitomo
- advising a Chinese strategic investor on the proposed acquisition of the Triton Knoll windfarm
- advising a German pension fund on the proposed acquisition of a Scottish onshore windfarm
- advising a consortium comprising funds advised by Orion Resources Partners and Audley Capital Partners on the acquisition of Anglo American Norte S.A. - comprising the Mantoverde and Mantos Blancos copper mines in Northern Chile, from Anglo American plc, for an upfront consideration of $300m, potentially rising to $500 contingent
- advising Orion Co-Investments III LP on its disposal of Lynx Resources, the holding company of the SASA Macedonian lead and zinc mine to Central Asia Metals plc for c$405 million in cash and shares and the related arrangement with the Fusion Capital AG Management Team
- advising a leading global investment bank on an investment into a modular construction business
Isabella joined Simmons & Simmons in 1997 and became a partner in 2008. Before returning to London in 2011, Isabella spent 2.5 years in the firm's Abu Dhabi office. She also has in-house experience, having been seconded to UBS, Barclays, Tawazun and Macquarie Capital.