2011 05 05 周四
Simmons & Simmons Announces Partner Promotions for 2011
Simmons & Simmons has promoted 13 to its partnership. The promotions reflect the international spread and expertise across the firm.
Commenting on the promotions, Simmons & Simmons Senior Partner David Dickinson, said: ‘‘These promotions recognise the expertise and commitment to clients demonstrated by our new partners, and reflect our commitment to career development for our lawyers.’’
The new partners are:
Patrick Boylan - London Dispute Resolution
Patrick qualified in 2000 and joined the firm in 2009. He is a commercial litigator with a focus on the energy and infrastructure sector, and a particular expertise in contentious anti-trust work. As well as large-scale commercial litigation and arbitration, he has extensive experience in conducting international regulatory investigations.
Verena Braeckeler - Germany Employment
Verena joined the firm as a trainee lawyer in 2002 and became an associate in 2004. She was seconded to Genworth Financial for six months and acted as their German legal counsel. Verena mainly advises major corporations and clients in the financial institutions sector on all aspects of employment law, both contentious and non-contentious, with a particular focus on restructuring measures and remuneration issues.
Luc Cohen - Netherlands Dispute Resolution
Luc joined the firm as a trainee lawyer in 2002 and he became an associate in 2005. Luc was promoted to managing associate in 2009. Luc’s practice is concentrated on dispute resolution and the management of commercial and financial risk in the practice areas of construction, procurement and lease. His main area of expertise is construction litigation (both in court and in arbitration proceedings).
Davide D’Affronto - Italy Financial Markets
Davide joined the firm as a senior associate in 2007 from the legal department of one of the largest Italian banking groups. He has extensive experience in advising on acquisition financing, cross-border syndicated lending and debt restructuring. Davide also has considerable experience in project financing and renewable energies.
Andrea Finn - London Employment
Andrea joined the firm as a trainee in 1998. She qualified into the employment group in 2000 and was seconded to a leading US investment bank for eight months. She was promoted to managing associate in 2008. Andrea focuses on advising the financial institutions sector and she is also responsible for TMT sector clients and initiatives. She advises clients on a variety of contentious and non-contentious employment law issues, including in relation to disciplinary and grievance, data protection, discrimination, remuneration issues and misuse of confidential information.
Frenk Huisman - Netherlands Real Estate
Frenk joined the firm in 2002 and was based in our Abu Dhabi office in 2008 and 2009, working on real estate and construction and project matters. Frenk has wide experience of all aspects of commercial property as well as special property projects such as those relating to (renewable) energy, logistics and the TMT sector. He focuses on real estate project development (including PPP projects), portfolio management and real estate investment.
Duane Keighran - Middle East Real Estate
Duane joined the firm in 2008, and has been practising in the Middle East for over five years. He specialises in all aspects of real estate and infrastructure transactions across the MENA region, acting for a variety of government related entities, developers and investors. Duane is mentioned in both Chambers Global and Legal 500, and has particular expertise in the hotel, tourism and leisure sector.
Sascha Kuhn - Germany Dispute Resolution
Sascha joined the firm as a trainee lawyer in 2003 and became an associate in 2004. He specialises in complex civil litigation and criminal litigation, with a special focus on insurance litigation and white collar crime, an area in which he advises corporations and provides training for compliance purposes. His practice also covers data protection law, where he advises various global companies both nationally and internationally.
Joanna Pearson - London Dispute Resolution
Joanna trained with the firm from 1999 and became an associate in 2001. She was appointed as financial markets litigation’s first managing associate in 2008. Joanna specialises in the resolution of disputes in the banking sector. She has advised investment banks, hedge funds, and other major financial institutions in relation to a wide range of issues.
Anna Rentoul - London Employment
Anna joined the firm as a trainee solicitor in 1998 and qualified into the employment group in March 2000. She was promoted to managing associate in 2008. She has been seconded to a leading US investment bank twice and has also been seconded to Deutsche Bank. Anna acts mainly for financial institutions and major corporations on employment law issues, both contentious and non-contentious. She regularly advises on all aspects of the employment relationship, including disciplinary and grievance matters, absence issues, data protection and addressing flexible working and diversity issues.
John Sayers - London Financial Markets
John joined the firm in 1999 and qualified in the London banking group in 2001. He focuses on a combination of transactional banking, structured finance and corporate trust work. His experience includes UK and cross-border corporate and leveraged banking transactions, structured trade and commodities finance, ECA supported financings and emerging markets lending.
Stefan Schramm - Germany Financial Markets
Stefan qualified in 2003 and joined the firm in 2009. The focus of his banking practice includes real estate, project, asset and acquisition finance, primarily for financial institutions. Stefan acts for lenders, private equity investors, sponsors and borrowers on the origination, syndication, securitisation and restructuring of national and cross-border real estate, project, asset and acquisition finance transactions.
Richard Sims - London Dispute Resolution
Richard qualified in 2000 and joined the firm in 2008 from the FSA’s Enforcement Division. Richard specialises in contentious regulatory work, both domestic and international. He has extensive experience of regulatory investigations, enforcement and disputes, in particular those involving the FSA.
Notes to editors:
1. Where the appropriate registration with the Solicitors Regulation Authority has been received these promotions take immediate effect, with the remaining promotions taking effect once the appropriate registration has been received.
2. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The firm has a focus on four industry sectors: Energy & Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). The firm’s strategy is designed to ensure we provide our clients with high quality advice and deliver value through new ways of working.
3. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
4. Visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
5. For further information, please contact Daniela Conte, Senior Communications & PR Manager on +44 20 7825 4411 or +44 7726 775 707 or at email@example.com