Our corporate team operates across the firm’s network of offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia with more than two-thirds of our lawyers based outside of London. Our clients include national and multinational corporations, governments and regulatory bodies and many leading funds and financial institutions. Clients recognise our high quality service at competitive prices and our hands-on, partner-led service.
Our Sector Focus
We combine our transactional expertise with in-depth sector experience focusing on Asset Management & Investment Funds, Energy & Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and TMT. Clients benefit from this strong and deliberate sector alignment and in working with lawyers across our practice areas who have a detailed knowledge of the sectors and industries in which they are operating.
Our corporate practice is recognised in leading legal directories, and has been awarded various accolades.
Examples of recent awards include:
- TMT Team of the Year at the 2015 Legal Business Awards
- TMT Team of the Year at the 2014 Legal Week British Legal Awards
- Recognised at the American Lawyer's Global Legal Awards 2014, in the Global M&A Deal of the Year: Africa category
- 'Significant Player' in the India Business Law Journal's 2014 annual report on the best foreign law firms for India-related work. In the report, our client, ONGC Videsh, praises Simmons & Simmons’ lawyers for being “efficient and smart” and for acting “as catalysts for positive and successful results”
- Recognised for our work by the India Business Law Journal when ranking ONGC Videsh’s acquisition, with Oil India, of a gas field unit in Mozambique as the Number 1 Deal of the Year 2013 for M&A and joint ventures
- Named Equity Capital Markets Law Firm of the Year Qatar 2013 by Acquisition International