Contentieux de l'Environnement
Our efforts are designed to identify and avoid problems, to avoid commercial and criminal liabilities and avoid harm to reputation. We help clients manage these issues effectively when they do arise and, if all else fails, represent them robustly in proceedings.
Our in depth understanding of the underlying regulatory environmental issues, strong litigation tactics and advocacy knowledge makes us a force to be reckoned with.
We frequently advise on contentious matters, and clients benefit from our expertise in areas including:
- civil warranty and indemnity claims, and related proceedings and arbitration
- criminal work, primarily defence and appeals
- statutory liability
- administrative proceedings such as regulatory negotiations, judicial review and inquiries
- emergency responses when the enforcement officer arrives
- insurance claims under dedicated environmental insurance policies and negotiating settlements under “old” general liability public and employers insurance for historic contamination
- site closure issues and toxic torts
- surface and groundwater pollution incidents.