The Simmons & Simmons corporate trust team has acted for many years for corporate trustees, in all business cycles, on a wide variety of transactions, defaults and disputes.
We act and have acted for leading members of the corporate trustee community on matters such as:
- corporate bonds, including straight one off corporates, issues under MTN programmes and convertibles, with issuers in many jurisdictions (eg UK, India, Philippines, Eastern Europe)
- MTN programmes for SPVs – trusteeships on numerous repackaging programmes
- securitisations – e.g. UK mortgage backed, “data trustee” under German securitisations, representations of noteholders under Italian and Portuguese securitisations
- covered bonds
- commodity linked securities
- security trusteeships
- tender/exchange offers
- analyses of large numbers of transactions for triggers in the light of ratings downgrades
- acceleration of bonds, enforcement of security, etc
- disputes and court hearings over the effectiveness of subordination and inter class issues and over the meaning of provisions of securities
- disputes and court hearings with issuers
- disputes and court hearings with Bondholders/informal committees
- consensual refinancings
- schemes of arrangement and similar arrangements in other jurisdictions.
advice on defaults in the UK, the Netherlands, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Bulgaria, Jersey and other jurisdictions
physical and synthetic ETFs structured as secured debt
CLOs with reference obligations being pools of loans in the eurozone
UK mortgage securitisations.