Simmons & Simmons Adaptive
Simmons & Simmons Adaptive is the name of the Simmons & Simmons legal resourcing business and is provided through Simmons & Simmons Solutions Ltd.
Simmons & Simmons Solutions Limited (“S&S Solutions”) is a private limited company incorporated in England and Wales with number 11352445 and with its registered office at CityPoint, One Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9SS. S&S Solutions is a separate but affiliated entity of Simmons & Simmons LLP.
It does not carry out reserved legal activities and (unlike Simmons & Simmons LLP) is not, therefore, authorised or regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. This has the following practical implications for clients of S&S Solutions:
- There is no right of recourse to the Legal Ombudsman of England and Wales in respect of services provided by S&S Solutions (although some corporate clients do not have this right in any event)
- There is no right to apply for a grant to be made out of the Solicitors Compensation Fund in respect of any losses caused by dishonesty
- There is no legal requirement on S&S Solutions to provide professional indemnity insurance cover for the work of S&S Solutions
- Communications between S&S Solutions and its clients are not covered by legal professional privilege, and
- The protections in the SRA Accounts Rules 2011 in relation to client money do not apply.
Simmons & Simmons Adaptive consultants are legally qualified external consultants engaged by Simmons & Simmons to provide legal services to clients, as required from time to time. They are not employees of Simmons & Simmons. They are individually regulated either by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, or the relevant professional body in their place of admission.