Tom is a managing associate in the Corporate group in London. He advises on a broad range of matters, including mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, minority investments, partnership arrangements and reorganisations.
Tom has a particular focus on the asset management sector, advising investment managers on acquisitions and disposals, reorganisations, incentivisation plans and general operational matters.
- Recent Work
- advising Dutch pension fund manager APG on the merger of the Elephant & Castle and “East Village” residential projects to create a £1.4bn joint venture with Delancey and Qatari Diar in the UK’s private rented market
- advising a major global bank on the sale of one of its business divisions
- advising BlueCrest on the spin-out of its systematic trading business into a separate entity and the subsequent sale of the majority of its interest to Affiliated Managers Group (AMG)
- advising the UK government on the proposed merger of BAE Systems and EADS N.V.
- advising CLC World Resorts & Hotels on the disposal of its European resort management business to a new JV vehicle, owned as to 75.5% by Interval Leisure Group
- advising on the establishment and reorganisations of various alternative investment management groups.
Tom spent 6 months working in the firm’s Düsseldorf office, advising on a variety of corporate and commercial matters. He has also been on secondment to BlueCrest and Brevan Howard, two of Europe’s largest hedge fund managers.