Thomas specialises in (retail) structured products and debt capital markets law.
He has extensive experience, inter alia, in providing advice on structured notes (Zertifikate), warrants and certificates, as well as on debt issuance programmes, stand alone bonds, German law governed registered notes (Namensschuldverschreibungen) and assignable loan agreements (Schuldscheindarlehen).
- Recent Work
- advising the banks in connection with the issuance of €320m collateralised fixed rate notes by a German energy company
- advising the banks in connection with a tender offer by a leading German utilities company regarding €1bn notes and the issuance of €500m fixed rate notes
- advising a German mortgage bank in connection with the annual update of their €25bn debt issuance programme
- advising a leading financial institution as arranger of an assignable loan agreeement in Brazilian Real
- advising a leading financial institution on issuances under the structured products programme for notes, warrants and certificates.
Thomas read law at Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg. He started his career as a transaction manager and legal advisor for Dresdner Bank in Frankfurt. Thomas then worked for another major international law firm for several years and was seconded to a leading Swiss bank in London before joining Simmons & Simmons in August 2012.