Thierry Somma is a partner in the Luxembourg office at Simmons & Simmons.
His experience in corporate law includes M&A, private equity, joint venture projects, the setting up of Luxembourg corporate structures, corporate restructuring, corporate governance, remuneration plans, corporate finance and more general corporate and commercial advice.
He represents a wide range of international clients including investment banks, investment funds, private investors, private equity firms and real estate investors. While being specialized in real estate and private equity deals, his clients are from various industry sectors such as automotive, medical and pharmaceutical industries, infrastructure.
- Recent Work
- assisted one of the largest infrastructure fund located in Luxembourg with the sale of part of its commitments to new investors
- assisted a well-known French public company with its demerger and subsequent merger in the context of a global restructuring
- advised the world’s leading health care diagnostics company on its corporate restructuring in the context of the acquisition of its second largest competitor for approximately US $6.1bn
- assisted a large investment group with acquisition of a leading player in the French medical equipment market for elderly and dependent people with a turnover of approximately €50m
- advised one of the largest business aviation group on the acquisition of 100% shares of a Swiss Aviation Group from an Irish Forbes businessman
- advised a global REIT listed with the Toronto stock exchange on its joint venture with a Korean investor for the acquisition of real estate properties located in Germany for approximately €221m
- advised a leading real estate investor on a €231m acquisition of a shopping centre in West Germany
- advised a leading investor in private equity, infrastructure and real assets with a strategic investment in renewable energy in several European countries through multiple Luxembourg companies.
Thierry joined Simmons & Simmons in 2018 as a partner in the Corporate & M&A department at our Luxembourg office.
In 2006, he was admitted to the Luxembourg Bar and went on to practice law for 12 years at highly respected law firms in Luxembourg before joining Simmons & Simmons.
Thierry is a member of the editorial committee of the legal magazine ACE edited by Kluwer. He has authored a number of legal publications and regularly speaks at seminars. Thierry is fluent in French, English and Italian.