Dr Stephan Ulrich
Stephan heads our German Corporate practice. He specialises in national and cross-border acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures, private and public mergers and acquisitions and the full range of ECM and corporate law advice. Furthermore, he advises on the restructuring of groups of companies.
Stephan has acted for a wide range of both national and international clients from various industry sectors including ICT companies. He regularly advises Danish investors in respect of their projects in Germany and Europe.
- Recent Work
- advising the U.S. based Moog Inc. on the acquisition of the Czech/German company Vues Brno
- advising Larsen & Toubro Infotech Limited on its acquisition of Luxembourg based Syncordis S.A.
- advising Moog Inc. in the acquisition of the Rotary Business/Rekofa GmbH from Morgan Advanced Materials
- representing the Danish seller on the disposal of a 40 MW Windpark in Zölkow to RheinEnergie
- advising IC Green Energy Ltd on the sale of its majority stake in the listed Petrotec AG
- advising Ascendis Pharma A/S on its Nasdaq IPO
- advising a US-fund facing the delisting of its shares in a German issuer included in the MDAX
Stephan joined Simmons & Simmons as a partner in the Düsseldorf office in May 2007.
Prior to joining the firm, he worked for a major international law firm in Cologne. He read law at the Universities of Muenster and Berlin (Dr. jur.) as well as Paris (Maître en Droit) and qualified as a German lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) in 2000.
Stephan is a non-executive member in a number of boards, including at the Hospital group Franziskus Stiftung. He publishes and lectures frequently on corporate law topics. Stephan is a permanent associate of GmbHRundschau, a leading journal on company law, and is responsible for the corporate section of its GmbH Report. He is listed as a top corporate lawyer in WirtschaftsWoche 2019 and in the JUVE handbook 2017/2018 as an M&A expert. Clients praise him as being "very solution-oriented and competent" (Legal 500 - 2017/2018).