Simone is a partner in the Financial Markets Group and heads the structured finance group in the Milan office. He is qualified to practice law in Italy and New York.
His practice focuses on structured finance and securitisation transactions, having gained a particular experience on complex securitisations on various assets, structured project financing and refinancing arrangements also through hybrid transactions and private debts transactions.
- Recent Work
- advising a major US investment bank as arranger and senior notes subscriber in the context of a private securitisation transaction whereby an SPV incorporated under Italian law purchased three portfolios of non-performing loans originated by three italian financial institutions
- advising a major insurance company in the acquisition of CMBS notes issued by an italian spv
- advising a major investment bank in the context of a series of securitisation transactions of trade receivables
- advising a major US investment bank as arranger and senior notes subscriber in the context of a private securitisation transaction whereby three SPVs incorporated under italian law each purchased a portfolio of performing consumer and CQS/DP loans
- advising two leading investment banks as arrangers in the context of the securitisation transaction whereby an Spv purchased from two italian banks a portfolio of SMEs receivables and, in order to finance the purchase price of such portfolios issued senior and junior ABS
- advising an investment bank acting as arranger in a RMBS securitisation in the context of which the relevant Spv issued three classes of notes, the senior and mezzanine of which were listed and rated
- advising the arranger and senior notes subscriber in the context of a securitisation of leasing receivables originated from a premium Italian bank
- advising a US investment management firm as a subscriber of part of the notes issued by two SPVs in the transaction carried out by a leading bank as originator of two portfolios of NPLs. The senior notes obtained the benefit of GACS*
*Deal carried out prior to joining Simmons & Simmons
Before joining Simmons & Simmons in 2018, Simone worked in the structured finance department of a leading international law firm.
During academic year 2002-2003, Simone was an exchange student at the University of California Los Angeles (United States) on an University of California scholarship. In May 2010, he was awarded an LL.M. with distinction by the University of Pennsylvania Law School, concentrated in banking and finance and corporate law, having also taken classes at the Wharton School of Business. During 2010, he was a visiting foreign lawyer in Washington DC and New York offices of a leading US firm.
Simone is regularly invited as a speaker to conferences and seminars.