Simon is a London based project development and finance lawyer who advises lenders, sponsors, financial investors, procuring authorities and contractors on a wide range of projects in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, covering the energy, water, infrastructure, oil and gas, and mining sectors.
Within these sectors he advises in relation to project development, project financing, PPPs, project / concession agreements, production sharing agreements, power / water purchase agreements, other offtake agreements, EPC contracts and operations and maintenance contracts.
- Recent Work
- advising Mitsubishi Corporation and TEPCO as sponsors on the US$ 3bn 2,400MW / 130MIGD Facility D independent water and power project in Qatar
- advising the conventional and Islamic financiers in relation to the project financing of a c.US$440m 36MIGD reverse osmosis independent water project in the Middle East
- advising international finance institutions and local commercial lenders on the financing of a hydrocarbon import and storage terminal in Egypt’s new Suez Canal Economic Zone
- advising the UK Ministry of Defence on the multibillion pound Logistics and Commodities Services Transformation Project, one of MOD’s key business transformation projects
- advising the lender in relation to loans to a shale gas focussed exploration and development company, with associated share warrants
- advising the buyer in relation to the proposed acquisition of a series of in development solar PV projects
- advising the buyer in relation to the acquisition of a 25% interest in an off-shore wind farm, funded on a limited recourse basis
- advising a financial investor on a series of Benelux social infrastructure PFI projects.
Simon trained at a national firm with a strong projects focus and joined Simmons & Simmons in 2008.