Simon is a London based project development and finance lawyer who advises lenders, sponsors, financial investors, procuring authorities and contractors on a wide range of projects in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, covering the energy, water, infrastructure, oil and gas, and mining sectors.
Within these sectors he advises in relation to project development, project financing, PPPs, project / concession agreements, production sharing agreements, power / water purchase agreements, other offtake agreements, EPC contracts and operations and maintenance contracts.
- Recent Work
- advising the lenders, including EIB, on the €800m 630MW Markbygden onshore windfarm in Sweden – winner of Europe Wind Deal of the Year at the Thomson Reuters PFI Europe Awards 2017
- advising an international consortium on their bid for a BOO greenfield solar PV plant (300MWp) and ancillary transmission facilities (132kV) in the Sakaka region of Saudi Arabia, including advising on the PPA and financing
- advising Mitsubishi Corporation and TEPCO as sponsors on the US$3bn 2,400MW/130MIGD Facility D independent water and power project in Qatar
- advising the conventional and Islamic financiers in relation to the project financing of a c.US$440m 36MIGD reverse osmosis independent water project in the GCC
- advising international finance institutions and local commercial lenders on the financing of a c.US$400m hydrocarbon import and storage terminal in Egypt’s Suez Canal Economic Zone
- advising the UK Ministry of Defence on the multi-billion pound Logistics and Commodities Services Transformation Project, one of MOD’s key business transformation projects
- advising the lender in relation to loans to a shale gas-focussed exploration and development company, with associated share warrants
- advising a sponsor on a series of Benelux social infrastructure PFI projects.
Simon trained at a national firm with a strong projects focus and joined Simmons & Simmons in 2008.