Siemkje Batenburg specialises in all aspects of commercial real estate and real estate-related transactions. She has a lot of experience of assisting with (commercial) real estate transactions, the exchanges of parcels of land, real estate development, long-term lease, divisions into apartment rights, the establishing of rights in rem (for example easements and rights of superficies), refinancing and trans tax-advise. Her clients include developers, contractors, municipalities, investors, bank and public sector companies.
- Recent Work
- the acquisition of various real estate portfolios for various international investors
- the negations with a municipality about the relocation for a large factory
- the cancellation and reallocation of various rights of superficies for the benefit of a water authority
- the modification of the conditions for long-term lease relating to a power plant, as a part of a large real estate transaction
- the negotiating with a municipality about the modification of the conditions for a right of superficies relating to an oil refinery in the port area.
Siemkje studied notarial law at the University of Leiden. After having worked at another law firm, she joined Simmons & Simmons in 2015. She completed the post graduate Grotius course “Real Estate” in 2009.