Shu Shu Wong
Shu Shu is an associate in the Energy, Natural Resources and Infrastructure Projects group in London. She has been involved in a range of international projects transactions, including advising on construction projects, project finance and development, joint ventures and major government projects.
- Recent Work
- advising the Government of Kenya on its first consignment of crude oil including in relation to financing arrangements
- advising a syndicate of lenders on a proposed financing of the construction of a wind farm project in Sweden
- advising a Danish export-credit agency on its guarantee of a syndicated loan for a wind farm project in the UK
- advising Orion Mine Finance and Fusion Capital on the sale of Lynx Resources, the owner of the SASA zinc, lead and silver mine in the Republic of Macedonia for US$402.5m to Central Asia Metals
- advising NextEnergy of its development of UK solar projects, including drafting and negotiating template EPC and O&M contracts
- advising Sonnedix on the first of a pipeline of projects in the solar sector in the UK
- advising the UK Ministry of Defence on the Logistics and Commodity Services Transformation project in relation to the outsourcing of the provision of services to the private sector.
Shu Shu joined Simmons & Simmons in September 2014 as a trainee solicitor and qualified into the Energy, Natural Resources and Infrastructure Projects group in September 2016. During her training contract, she was seconded to the firm's Beijing office for six months where she worked on a range of energy and infrastructure projects.
Shu Shu holds a BSc in International Relations from the London School of Economics and an LL.M in International Law from University College London.
She is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.