Shachi is a supervising associate in EU, Competition and Regulatory group. She advises on a range of EU and UK competition law issues, including merger control and behavioural issues. She is also a member of the firm’s Brexit team.
Shachi’s experience includes advising on competition issues arising from mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures across. She also provides advice on abuse of dominance issues and anti-competitive agreements, as well as regulatory issues. She has worked with global clients across a range of sectors including industrial processes, life sciences, TMT, finance, asset management and retail.
- Recent Work
- advising Future plc on the UK merger control aspects of its £14.2m acquisition of Imagine Publishing Limited, including the offering of undertakings-in-lieu to the Competition and Markets Authority
- advising Plastipak on EU and multi-jurisdictional merger control in relation to its acquisition of the assets of European plastic packaging business, APPE
- advising Sumitomo Rubber Industries on the competition issues created by its £215m of UK car tyre distributor and retailer Micheldever from private equity fund Graphite Capital Management
- advising companies in the travel sector on various competition issues, as well as industry and airline regulations
- advising US-based $3.1bn sports apparel retailer, Fanatics, on the competition issues arising from its £11.55m acquisition of sports apparel retailer, Kitbag
- advising firms within the financial services sector in relation to both UK and EU cartel investigations.
Shachi joined Simmons & Simmons as a trainee in 2013, following completion of her law degree at Wadham College, Oxford University. During her training, she spent time on secondment to a leading international retail and investment bank, covering derivatives policy and financial regulation.
She qualified in the EU, Competition & Regulatory team in September 2015.