Satyen specialises in EU, competition and regulatory law and has extensive experience of their application within a wide range of industries. He has advised on both UK and EU competition investigations and sector enquiries/market investigations, as well as Phase 1 and Phase 2 UK and EU merger investigations.
- Recent Work
- advising one of the main parties in the FCA’s first Competition Act investigation
- advising on UK and EU investigations in connection with LIBOR; FX; e-books; on-line hotels; dairy
- advising on FCA and PSR market reviews, including indirect access; infrastructure; corporate and investment banking; mortgages; asset management
- advising on UK market investigations in relation to local buses; private healthcare; investment consultants.
Satyen qualified as a solicitor in 2002 and is a partner in the EU, Competition & Regulatory group. He joined Simmons & Simmons in February 2018 after working at a number of other leading London firms and expanded the Competition practice locally and internationally at his last firm. Satyen is also a member of the Brussels Bar.
- Listed in Who’s Who Competition, Future Leaders
- The Legal 500: "Dhana is 'excellent', provides 'high-quality service' and is 'always willing to go the extra mile'"
- Chambers: "a rising star"