Robert Alan Heym
Robert advises and represents international companies in the technology, media and telecommunications and life sciences sectors doing business in Germany and in Europe.
Robert has worked for international clients, most of them with a US background, on different kinds of transactions (ie buy-side, sell-side, auctions, insolvency) and has acquired in-depth transactional experience. Robert has also substantial expertise in corporate reorganisations (often following acquisitions) and corporate litigation. He has also been advising on corporate aspects of financing/refinancing activities of international listed companies.
- Recent Work
- advising a US listed provider of Cloud Telecom Services on the intended acquisition of a VC financed competitor in Germany (Transaction volume: more than €100m)
- advising a music streaming service in the proposed acquisition of a competitor (GBP several hundred million)
- advising Epidarex as lead investor alongside GIMV and EMBL on the €14m Series A Financing Round in Topas Therapeutics GmbH
- advising NEO Capital Partners in a recapitalisation of Scarosso GmbH involving a restructuring and recapitalisation of the business
- advising the owners of media agency Conrad Caine GmbH in its sale to WPP
- advising US listed AAR, Inc. in its sale of Telair GmbH to US listed Transdigm, Inc. in a $725m transaction
- advising US listed Blackhawk Networks, Inc. in its acquisition of Retailo AG in a €50m transaction
- advising Telair GmbH in its acquisition of a business unit from an Airbus subsidiary.
Robert is a partner at Simmons & Simmons in Munich since September 2017. Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons he worked for major international law firms. After studying law and economics at the Universitiy of Munich, Robert qualified as a Rechtsanwalt (German lawyer) in 1999. He is fluent in German and English and advises in both languages.