Rob heads the corporate & commercial practice group in the Netherlands. He has over 25 years’ experience practicing corporate law and advising on M&A, private equity and restructurings. As a sub sector focus Rob also advises property investment funds on property investment and development transactions such as share transactions and single-asset transactions. He is also involved in banking and securities law and tax law.
Rob’s work highlights include advising Dutch brewer Bavaria on the acquisition of a controlling stake in Palm Belgian Craft Brewers, advising NIBC on the purchase of a 30% stake in FinCo Fuel Benelux and advising the shareholders of energy company Eneco on the demerger of Eneco.
- Recent work
- advising German dairy company DMK GmbH and its subsidiary DOC Dairy Partners B.V. on the acquisition of the brand and the Dutch business operations of Uniekaasadvising the German EK/Servicegroup eG on requiring a 75% stake in Euretco
- advising SAS Atream and Home Invest Belgium on the acquisition of 330 cottages, the central facilities and public space in holiday park Port Zélande
- advising Meijer Realty Partners on the acquisition of Haaglanden Megastores, the former building of the Ministry of Social Affairs in The Hague and ASR Vastgoedontwikkeling
- advising 90 North Real Estate Partners LLP on the acquisition of the ‘Heerema building’ located in Leiden and (in partnership with Dubai-based Audacia Capital) on the acquisition of the newly developed ASICS and Danone HQ’s in Hoofddorp
- advising Fletcher Hotels on the sale of its portfolio, consisting of over 70 hotels
- advising ING Corporate Investments on the investment in Dutch full electric bus pioneer EBUSCO and on the acquisitions of a 45% stake in the capitals of Rodepa Recycling group and Scholtus Group Holding
- advising the shareholders in respect of the sale of the SPS Group to Rust-Oleum Netherlands, a wholly owned subsidiary of US listed company RPM International Inc.
Rob studied Dutch law and tax law and obtained his doctorate in 1994; his doctoral thesis was entitled "Foundations within the context of corporate groups; some private law and tax law considerations". He remains active in the academic world, acting as a guest lecturer and editor, lecturing/giving post-graduate continuing university courses and publishing. He also attended the financing and security interest specialization training at Grotius Academie.
Rob is recommended by the Legal 500.