René van Eldonk
René has over 30 years of experience in international tax law with a strong focus on high end tax transactional and tax planning work in the fields of capital markets and structured finance and asset finance, as well as in the fields of investment funds and asset management.
- Recent Work
- advising major international investment banks and other financial institutions on capital markets and structured finance transactions as well as on asset backed finance transactions
- advising on tax structured products, including structured financings such as hybrid capital issuances and share monetisation transactions
- advising major international investment banks and other financial institutions on the establishment and tax efficient structuring of investment funds
- advising Dutch and international pension funds and other investment funds and their asset managers on tax efficient structuring of a variety of alternative investments and asset management agreements
- advising Dutch and International real estate funds and their asset managers on tax efficient structuring of investments in real property.
Previously, René was a tax partner at another international law firm and he has worked in Amsterdam and New York. René joined the Simmons & Simmons tax group in 2004 and he is based in the Amsterdam office. He is head of the financial markets group in The Netherlands.
He is recognised as leading tax practitioner for tax transactional work by Chambers Global, Chambers Europe, Legal 500, World Tax and as indirect tax leader by International Tax Review. According to Chambers Global, clients describe him as “very responsive and extremely personable.”