Pieter van Uchelen
Pieter specialises in corporate law with an emphasis on M&A and private equity work.
- Recent Work
- advising LBC Tank Terminals and Hutchison Ports on corporate matters
- advising Warner Bros on the acquisition of Eyeworks
- advising Argos Oil on its strategic joint venture with EQT Infrastructure in relation to Argos Terminals
- advising the Dümmen family on the sale of Dümmen Orange to BC Partners
- advising Gilde Buy-Out and Plukon Food Group on the sale of Plukon Food Group to a consortium of investors
- advising Gunvor on the acquisition of Kuwait Petroleum’s Rotterdam oil refinery and oil storage facilities
- advising Dow Chemical on the acquisition of a 460Mw co-generation facility
- advising Dutch brewer Bavaria N.V. on the acquisition of a controlling stake in Palm Belgian Craft Brewers
- advising the shareholders of Euro-Caps on the minority investment by Bregal Freshstream.
Pieter studied law at Rijksuniversiteit Leiden and graduated in 1996. He regularly lectures at M&A seminars, among others for Universiteit van Amsterdam, Stichting Beroepsopleiding Bedrijfsjuristen and Law Firm School.
He is recommended by Chambers Global, Chambers Europe and Legal 500. According to Chambers, he is described by clients as "a true boardroom adviser - he helps to cover the grey areas and tells us what directions we can go in" and as "an excellent adviser." Other clients say "he combines technical and legal skills with many years of experience and knowledge of transactions." (Chambers Global 2018).
Apart from Dutch and English, Pieter speaks German fluently.