Pierre-Régis is a tax partner with particular expertise in merger and acquisition, private equity, reorganisations, investment funds, real estate, international taxation and international tax planning, and due diligence. His clients include multinational groups, private equity and real estate investment funds as well as high net worth individuals.
He acquired a significant experience in structuring investments for private equity, real estate funds and multinational companies via non-regulated and regulated investment vehicles, in an international context. Pierre-Régis also provided tax advice with respect to the reorganisation of international groups and in the field of investments in intellectual properties.
He is an active member of ALFI (Luxembourg Investment Funds Association).
- Recent Work
- advising on FATCA issues and compliance with respect to the foreign branches of a German asset management company of a major financial institution
- advising with respect to the set up of a securitization vehicle for a major financial institution
- advising with respect to the set up of a fiduciary structure for a major financial institution
- advising with respect to the set up of a Sharia compliant structure (use of Murabahas) with respect to real estate investments in Europe
- advising with respect to the structuring of a UK debt fund investing in US loans.
Pierre-Régis joined Simmons & Simmons in January 2015. He holds a master in criminal law (university of Lyon III – France) and in tax law (university of Burgundy – France). He is a qualified lawyer.
After being admitted to the Hauts-de-Seine (France) bar in 2000, Pierre-Régis worked for big four accountancy firms, a magic circle firm as well as the biggest independent tax firm in Luxembourg. Pierre-Régis was the tax partner of a boutique firm in Luxembourg since January 2014.