Phoebe is a supervising associate in the Corporate group in London. She advises on a wide range of transactions including cross-order private and public mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, restructurings and general corporate and commercial matters. Phoebe has experience in a range of sectors, including financial services and asset management.
- Recent Work
- advising Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd on their US$137.5m acquisition of the licensing business and trademark rights to the DUNLOP brand and related sporting goods from Sports Direct International plc
- advising a consortium of investors led by Audley Capital Advisors LLP with Orion Mine France on the $300-500m acquisition of Anglo American Norte S.A., comprising of the Mantoverde and Mantos Blancos copper mines in Chile
- advising Japaninvest Group plc on its acquisition by Haitong International BVI Limited Securities Group in the first public takeover of a foreign company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange via a UK court-approved scheme of arrangement
- advising MJ Gleeson PLC on its reorganisation via a UK court-approved scheme of arrangement including admission to Offical List and trading on LSE
- advising a major global bank on the sale of one of its retail banking divisions
- advising the sellers of the sale of a fragrance and cosmetics distribution and licensing business to a NYSE listed beauty company
- advising Numis Securities Limited on an initial public offering for On the Beach Group plc, an online retailer of beach holidays.
Phoebe joined Simmons & Simmons as a trainee solicitor and qualified into the Corporate department in September 2014. As part of her training contract Phoebe spent time on secondment at Schroders Investment Management Limited, and post qualification, at British Land PLC and BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Limited.
Phoebe studied law at the University of Cambridge and has a LLM from the University of Pennsylvania. She is a dual qualified lawyer in England and Wales and New York.