Phoebe is a supervising associate in the Corporate group in London. She advises on a wide range of transactions including cross-border private and public mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, restructurings and general corporate and commercial matters. Phoebe has experience in a range of sectors, including financial services and asset management.
- Recent Work
- advising Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd on their US$137.5m acquisition of the licensing business and trademark rights to the DUNLOP brand and related sporting goods from Sports Direct International plc
- advising Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation as the lead shareholder in relation to the £11bn merger between Aberdeen Asset Management and Standard Life to form Standard Life Aberdeen
- advising a consortium of investors led by Audley Capital Advisors LLP with Orion Mine Finance on the $300-500m acquisition of Anglo American Norte S.A., comprising of the Mantoverde and Mantos Blancos copper mines in Chile
- advising Orion Mine Finance and Fusion Capital on the US$402.5m sale of Lynx Resources, the owner of the SASA zinc, lead and silver mine in the Republic of Macedonia, to Central Asia Metals PLC
- advising Japaninvest Group plc on its acquisition by Haitong International BVI Limited Securities Group in the first public takeover of a foreign company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange via a UK court-approved scheme of arrangement
- advising MJ Gleeson PLC on its reorganisation via a UK court-approved scheme of arrangement including admission to Official List and trading on LSE
- advising a major global bank on the sale of one of its retail banking divisions
- advising the sellers of the sale of a fragrance and cosmetics distribution and licensing business to a NYSE listed beauty company.
Phoebe joined the firm as a trainee solicitor and qualified into the Corporate department in 2014. As part of her training contract Phoebe spent time on secondment at Schroders Investment Management Limited, and post qualification, at British Land PLC and at one of the world’s largest asset management firms.
Phoebe studied law at the University of Cambridge and has a Masters degree from the University of Pennsylvania. She is a dual qualified lawyer in England and Wales and New York.