Dr Oliver Beyer
Oliver advises on complex, cross-border M&A and finance transactions with a focus on real estate, real estate investments and private equity. He has a wide ranging experience of advising on both domestic and cross-border transactions. His advice focuses on transaction structuring, due diligence, negotiation of the entire transaction documents as well as financing structures.
He also covers corporate law issues related to M&A and finance transactions. His clients include international investment and real estate companies as well as private equity investors and asset managers.
- Recent Work
- advising Immofinanz AG on the sale of various German real estate assets
- advising GIC SI (Government of Singapore) on the sale of Springer Science + Business Media to BC Partners
- advising Round Hill Capital on the acquisition of a real estate portfolio in Berlin by way of several share deals
- advising Chequers Capital on the acquisition and acquisition financing of Rollon Group
- advising a Munich based private equity investor on the acquisition of a German/Indonesian e-commerce business
- advising a German stock corporation on the reorganization of its corporate structure
- advising 90 North Real Estate Partners on the sale of a VW anchored logistics centre.
Oliver studied law and business administration at the University of Frankfurt and Hamburg (including PhD). Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons in 2013, he worked for a domestic law firm in Munich and before that for two other major international law firms in Munich and London.
Oliver is a member of the German Corporate Law Association and the German-American Lawyers’ Association.
Oliver has been selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2017 edition of The Best Lawyers in Germany, as published in the German financial newspaper Handelsblatt and in 2018 was again named best lawyer for the area private equity and venture capital. Legal 500 (2017/2018) lists him as “frequently recommended“ lawyer.