Neil is a supervising associate based in our Dubai office, having qualified as a solicitor in our London office.
Neil advises clients in the TMT, financial institutions and life sciences sectors on strategically important technology projects and mandates requiring in depth, sector specific regulatory and commercial advice. He has developed particular expertise in advising on data protection and privacy issues across emerging markets and internationally. He is an expert contributor to a leading online journal on data protection compliance issues.
- Recent Work
- advising Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company (du) on a range of commercial and regulatory matters, having completed an extended secondment at the client’s offices (see below)
- advising a number of leading Middle East financial institutions, including Qatar Islamic Bank, Qatar Development Bank and Reem Finance, on significant technology procurements
- advising GSK on data protection and privacy compliance issues across its European businesses
- advising International Smart Card, a leading regional payments processing service provider, on the procurement of software and services from a major US supplier
- advising Al Qattara Investments, the operator of Al Ain Football Club and its affiliates, on a range of commercial, media and technology projects
- ZonesCorp, a leading operator of industrial zones, on the procurement of high value ERP and CRM platforms
- advising a range of multinational technology and telecoms businesses, including Safaricom, on data protection compliance and best practice
- advising a leading supplier of household electrical goods on distribution arrangements in the GCC and a range of other commercial issues.
Neil joined Simmons & Simmons as a trainee in September 2010 and qualified as a solicitor in September 2012. He recently spent nine months on secondment to Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company (du) supporting the client’s Managed Services and Digital business units. Neil has also spent time on secondment at a major UK retail, corporate and investment bank.