Nadejda regularly provides advice on a variety of tax matters related to mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, international tax planning, investment funds, real estate and private equity structures, reorganizations and due diligence. Nadejda also advises banks on the tax aspects in relation to their lending activities.
She has a particular expertise in the design and implementation of structures with industry focus on private equity, real estate and investment funds.
Nadejda acquired a significant experience by advising a wide range of international clients in the private equity, real estate and investment fund sectors on direct tax aspects regarding set-up, deal structuring, maintenance, reorganisations and exit planning.
- Recent Experience
- advising with respect to the design and implementation of holding and financing structures for a wide range of international clients
- advising with respect to real estate structures
- advising major banks on lending activity as well as with respect to their fiduciary structures
- advising asset management firms on the financing of private equity acquisitions
- advising with respect to the reorganization of certain private equity clients
- providing various clients, within their reorganization process, with intermediate pro-forma balance sheets showing (i) the mechanism of certain concepts or (ii) the post-restructuring situation (e.g. intra-group financing restructuring).
Nadejda joined Simmons & Simmons on 01 January 2015.
Before joining Simmons & Simmons, Nadejda worked at a high-end advisory service firm in Luxembourg and at a domestic law firm where she gained a significant experience in international tax planning for multinational corporations and structuring private equity acquisitions in Europe.
She studied in Romania and holds a degree in Finance and Economics from the Bucharest University of Economic Studies, and a postgraduate in Luxembourg Tax from the 'Chambre de Commerce' of Luxembourg.
Nadejda speaks English, French and Romanian.