Michiel specialises in corporate law, focusing on mergers & acquisitions (M&A), including corporate real estate and private equity transactions, and joint ventures. He has assisted a variety of corporate clients, investment funds and private equity firms in several transactions.
- Recent Work
- acting for international property investment manager Savills IM on several real estate investments in the Netherlands
- acting for international property investment firm Hines on several real estate investments in the Netherlands
- acting for the shareholders of the SPS Group on the sale of the group to Rust-Oleum Netherlands, a subsidiary of US listed company RPM International Inc.
- acting for high tech company TMC on their international expansion strategy
- acting for Eurus Energy Group on their renewable energy project SPUI Windfarm
- acting for Benelux private equity firm Gilde Equity Management (GEM) Benelux on various management buy outs, acquisitions and divestments
- acting for ING Corporate Investments and NIBC on various investments in the Dutch market.
Michiel graduated in December 2012 earning a Master's degree in Law at the University of Utrecht.
Before joining the firm in March 2016, Michiel worked for a leading international law firm in Amsterdam and assisted in various public and private mergers and acquisition deals and banking and finance transactions.