Michelle is a Foreign Legal Consultant in the firm’s Hong Kong office. She has broad experience in technology, intellectual property, procurement and general commercial matters. She focuses on Information, Communications & Technology (ICT), providing advice on complex IT services, technology commercialisation and transactional IP in the context of mergers and acquisitions.
She was recognised as one of the ten finalists in the Australian Financial Review BOSS Young Executive of the Year competition in 2017.
- Recent Work*
- advising on a range of technology outsourcing and “as-a-Service” technology arrangements on both vendor and buyer side
- advising on legacy to cloud transformation of key IT assets and systems for a casino client
- advising on IP and IT aspects on a range of mergers and acquisitions
- advising on a range of commercial contracts relating to licensing, procurement, sales and distribution, marketing, promotions and social media
- advising on technology commercialization and licensing, including acting for a biotech in outbound pharmaceutical licensing and acting for an investor in inbound licensing of biofuel technology
- advising on new technology, including the use of cryptocurrency in real estate sector
- advising a global payments and technology company on Australian AML regulatory requirements in context of payment solutions and funds remittances
- advising credit card issuer on Australian AML regulatory requirements in context of virtual credit card products.
*Experience at other law firms
Michelle graduated from the University of Melbourne and is qualified to practice in Victoria, Australia. Prior to joining the firm, Michelle was a senior associate in the Melbourne office of an international firm. She has been seconded to a multinational key client of her previous firm to act as in-house subject matter expert on cyber security services. She has also spent time as in-house counsel for a casino and a global publishing company.