Michelle is a managing associate in the Insurance Litigation & Professional Risks group, within our international dispute resolution practice. She has acted for a number of Insurers and their Insureds in a broad range of professional negligence claims, as well as acting for and primary and excess layer insurers and reinsurers providing high level coverage advice, primarily in relation to product liability and product recall losses.
- Recent Work
- acting for professional indemnity insurers in defending a claim against civil and structural engineers relating to design issues at a waste recycling facility
- defending a multi-million pound claim against a firm of property surveyors and valuers in Northern Ireland on behalf of insurers
- advising on a potential claim against a firm of solicitors and their insurers relating to legal advice given in relation to the formation, ongoing operation and investment transactions of European-domiciled private equity funds
- providing coverage advice in relation to a professional negligence claim against a large outfit of consulting engineers in Northern Ireland
- successfully defending a printing press manufacturer and its insurers against a multi-million pound claim for losses suffered as a result of the supply of defective goods
- advising London Market insurers in connection with a large pharmaceutical class action in Israel
- advising global reinsurers in connection with a large class action in South Africa.
Michelle joined Simmons & Simmons in September 2011 and qualified into the dispute resolution group in September 2013. In 2012/13, Michelle spent 6 months on secondment with the employment legal division of a major investment bank.