Martin focuses on general banking and leveraged and structured finance matters, acting for banks, private equity funds, and other financial institutions in relation to general banking and leveraged finance transactions originated in the UK and Europe.
Predominantly advising arrangers and sponsor borrowers in relation to LBO capital structures as well as investment grade facilities in the EU.
- Recent Work
- €435m of facilities by way of syndicated facilities (including an upsized €350m term loan B facility)
- Repricing of existing €435m of facilities, and syndication of an additional €30m of term loan B facilities in order to fund a dividend recap
- US$30m term loan facilities for the purposes of the construction and development of real estate
- US$75m multicurrency revolving facility
- A proposed €625m unitranche acquisition financing of a German gaming business
- CAD$3m bilateral loan facility for the development of wind turbines in British-Columbia, Canada
- US$66m letter of credit facility and on demand loan facility in order to implement the construction and operation of two wind energy projects in Chile and refinance certain indebtedness.
Martin joined Simmons & Simmons Doha as a Supervising Associate in the Financial Markets department in January 2019. Martin qualified as an English solicitor in 2009.
Before joining Simmons & Simmons, Martin was an Associate in the Corporate & Finance Group of an international law firm in London where he worked on general banking and leveraged finance transactions originated in the UK and Europe. Prior to that he worked in Islamic finance and investments for an international law firm in Riyadh.
- Innovative Structures In Islamic Project Finance, Law 360
- A practical cross-border insight into securitisation work - UAE, ICLG
- The Evolution of Islamic Derivatives, Islamic Finance News