A member of the Brussels Bar, Martin is involved in national and international finance and M&A transactions, advising major commercial and investment banks, private equity funds and corporates in various leveraged, corporate finance and project finance deals. This includes domestic and cross-border corporate lending, real estate finance, acquisition finance, debt restructuring, insolvency, structured finance, project finance and securities and derivatives.
- Recent Work
- advising international financial institutions on the €250m mortgage loan in the context of the acquisition of one of the main shopping malls in Belgium
- assisting a syndicate of US banks on the complex refinancing of senior facilities granted to a major food distributor
- advising a major UK investment bank in the refinancing of the circa £500m senior facilities granted to a French real estate group and the subsequent acquisition of several of its subsidiaries
- assisting a global PE fund with its “debtor-in-possession” loan granted to a heavily regulated US group having successfully filed for Chapter 11 reorganisation
- acting for a global financial institution on the intra-group transfer of its Belgian branch's assets to a newly created branch
- acting for a variety of fund managers in respect of their marketing, notification and reporting requirements.
Martin joined Simmons & Simmons as an associate in March 2018. Prior to that, he was a lawyer at the Brussels office of another major international law firm and was seconded to an international financial institution, where he was a member of the banking and finance team.
In 2014, he obtained both his Master degree in law from the Catholic University of Louvain and his Master degree in Business from the Louvain School of Management.
Martin was admitted to the Brussels Bar in 2018 and works in French and English.