Martijn joined the firm in 2010 and specialises in corporate law, focusing on mergers & acquisitions (M&A), including corporate real estate and private equity transactions, and joint ventures. He has assisted a variety of corporate clients, investment funds and private equity firms in several transactions.
- Recent Work
- advising the shareholders in respect of the sale of the SPS Group to Rust-Oleum Netherlands, a wholly owned subsidiary of US listed company RPM International Inc
- advising ING Corporate Investments on the investment in Dutch full electric bus pioneer EBUSCO
- advising SAS Atream and Home Invest Belgium on the acquisition of 330 cottages, the central facilities and public space in holiday park Port Zélande
- advising NIBC on the purchase of a 30%stake in FinCo Fuel Benelux, and the subsequent exit of an investor in FinCo
- advising Nimbus on the purchase of the businesses of Holland Herstel Group, snack food company Halo Foods Ltd. And the acquisition of a 50% stake in agricultural technology company Dutch Sprouts
- advising Fletcher Hotels on the sale of its portfolio, consisting of over 70 hotels
- advising Dutch brewer Bavaria on the acquisition of a controlling stake in Palm Belgian Craft Brewers
- advising Meijer Realty Partners on the acquisition of ASR Vastgoedontwikkeling.
Martijn graduated in 2008 earning a Master's degree in Law at the University of Utrecht, followed by a Master's degree at the Boston University School of Law in 2009. Martijn is admitted to the Netherlands Bar and the New York State Bar and is a member of the American Bar Association. In 2013, Martijn was seconded to our Beijing office where he advised European clients on their Chinese undertakings.