A highly recommended lawyer, Marina is recognised as one of the best lawyers in the market for national, pan-European and international patent, trademark and trade secrets disputes in pharmaceutical, chemistry, optical, telecommunications and electronics sectors.
She defends, in France and abroad, trademarks, designations of origin and notoriety, as well as geographical indications for several prestigious great wines in Burgundy and the Bordeaux region.
She also has experience in mediation and arbitration for complex IP disputes, in particular as mediator at WIPO (Geneva).
- Recent Work
Marina handles strategic patent and trademark matters for well-known and top companies in the Life Sciences sector and for leading actors in the patent wars of the Telecommunications sector.
Clients say that Marina is "known for her work in the area of high-tech patents", that she is "without doubts a star in the field" (Who's Who Legal), echoing the words of some of her clients quoted by Chambers Europe 2014 who state that "she was excellent and handled the technical aspects of the core very well..."
Chambers considers her as "one of the best-known patent litigators in France" who "frequently advises US based clients". Sources highlight her proactivity and describe her as an "aggressive and exceptionally talented patent litigator". Legal 500 highlights her "superb skills in patent litigation".
WTR 1000 also reports that "her core activity may be patent litigation, but her skills in trademarks are such that one of the world's best-known brand owners entrusts her with all of its French instructions".
Marina has numerous professional and community affiliations including:
- Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle (AIPPI)
- Association Française pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle (AFPPI)
- Association Littéraire et Artistique (ALAI)
- Association des Avocats de Propriété Industrielle (AAPI)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- European Patent Lawyers Association (EPLA)
- Licensing Executive Society France (LES France)
- Association Française des praticiens du droit des Marques et des Modèles (APRAM)
- International Wine Law Association (IWLA)
Marina contributes to a number of publications, a selection of which are included below:
- January 2017: Co-author of L'affaire du depot en Chine par un tiers de marques « Calissons d'Aix » (The filing of the trademark «Calissons d'Aix » in China by a third party) Fusions et Acquisitions
- Co-author of the France chapter of Chambers’ Patent Litigation 2017 Guide
- March 2016: Co-author of “Design and models – comparative law: Design and models in France, USA and China”, JurisClasseur
- April 2013: Co-author of “La vraisemblance de la validité dans les mesures d’interdiction provisoires” (The Likelihood of validity in preliminary injunctions) Journal des Sociétés, Propriété intellectuelle, n˚47