Luke advises private and public corporate entities, development finance institutions, retail and investment banks and other financial institutions in relation to transactions involving leveraged and acquisition finance, renewable energy project financings, structured trade and commodity finance and real estate finance. He has worked on numerous cross border transactions working both as instructing counsel and local counsel.
Luke has extensive experience in Africa with deal experience in ten African jurisdictions and exposure to all 54 African states as a result of his involvement in a project developing a knowledge bank for an international development finance institution.
- Recent work
- advising a financial institution in The Netherlands in relation to its financing of the construction of a retail centre in the Amsterdam city region
- advising a financial institution in Germany in relation to the financing for a Dutch corporate borrower as regards the acquisition of a large office building in Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- advising a financial institution in Germany in relation to the refinancing for a Dutch corporate borrower of three real estate investments, The Netherlands
- advising a Luxembourg domiciled fund, as borrower’s counsel, in relation to the acquisition of a large office building in Utrecht, The Netherlands
- advising a financial institution in The Netherlands with its provision of senior and mezzanine funding for the acquisition of a residential property portfolio in The Netherlands consisting of over 1500 residential properties
- advising Dutch corporates in the amendment and restatement of their credit facilities with various syndicates of lenders.
Luke joined the Amsterdam office of Simmons & Simmons in February 2018. Prior to this, he was based in Johannesburg working with a leading South African law firm and thereafter with an internationally recognised law firm.
He is admitted as an attorney in South Africa.
Luke is currently re-qualifying as an English solicitor.