Lucian provides specialist advice to asset managers in relation to investment funds, including structuring hedge funds and managed accounts, and in relation to derivatives regulation, prime brokerage, and other trading agreements.
Lucian is a member of the firm’s Brexit team. Click here for more information.
- Recent Work
- advising on the impact of the Securities Financing Transactions Regulation (SFTR)
- advising on the implementation of side pockets for two leading London managers
- advising on the restructuring of a well established European equities fund to become a 'full' ERISA fund
- advising a leading London based manager on the master-feeder reorganisation of its flagship funds
- advising a leading London based manager on the negotiation of managed account mandates
- advising hedge fund managers on all aspects of the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD)
- advising on the negotiation of a broad range of prime brokerage and trading documentation entered into by hedge funds
- advising a leading institutional investment manager on the implementation of EMIR.
Lucian is based in London and has spent a number of years working in our Paris office. He has also completed a number of secondments to clients such as AXA Investment Managers, Natixis and a US investment bank. He joined Simmons & Simmons in 2006 having previously worked in derivatives documentation in a US investment bank.