Luc is a real estate specialist with a focus on real estate transactions, lease and asset management. Luc has advised sellers and purchasers, acting for a variety of clients, ranging from investment funds, corporates and retail companies. His work includes both contentious and non-contentious matters.
Luc is also a projects specialist advising on project development work. Luc has advised both employers and contractors and his wide experience in the construction and engineering sectors allows him to bring a commercial and pragmatic approach to contract procurement, project support (PPP/PFI) and dispute resolution, whether by litigation or by arbitration.
- Recent Work
- advising Hines on the acquisition of Fresh Park Venlo in the Netherlands and on the acquisition of ABC Westland in the Netherlands
- advising Fletcher Hotels on the sale of its portfolio, consisting of 70+ hotels
- advising SAS Atream and Home Invest Belgium on the acquisition of 330 cottages, the central facilities and public space in holiday park Port Zélande
- advising Meijer Realty Partners on several acquisitions (and subsequent development work), such as the acquisition of Megastores and the acquisition and the redevelopment of the former building of the Ministry of Social Affairs in The Hague
- advising Savills Investment Management and its investors (multiple funds) on several acquisitions in The Netherlands, such as Retailpark AaBe in Tilburg
- advising 90 North Real Estate Partners LLP on the acquisition of the ‘Heerema building’ located in Leiden
- advising the winning Macquarie consortium on Breda Courts PPP.
Luc completed the post-graduate course on Real Estate at the Grotius Academy (2006), having completed the course on private construction law of the Association of Construction law a year earlier. In 2008 Luc took the VU Law Academy course on procurement law.
Luc is a member of the Vereniging voor Bouwrecht-advocaten (Construction Lawyers Association) and the Nederlandse Vereniging voor Aanbestedingsrecht (Dutch Association of Procurement law).
Luc is listed as leading individual in Project finance and PFI by Legal500 for three consecutive years (2018, 2017 and 2016) and recommended for Real Estate and Construction by Legal500 2018, 2017 and 2016. According to clients "Knowledgeable, strategic" group head Luc Cohen is "extremely dedicated, solution-driven and great to work with", "creative" and "thorough" (Legal500).