Louisa is a supervising associate in the Employment practice group. Louisa advises clients on both contentious and non-contentious matters including Employment Tribunal claims and general HR advice. Louisa has experience of advising clients on Tribunal claims involving allegations of unfair dismissal in addition to age, race, disability, sexual and pregnancy/maternity discrimination. Louisa also has experience of advising clients on general employment matters including advising on and negotiating employment contracts, TUPE, redundancy consultations and settlement agreements.
- Recent Work
- successfully defending a claim for unfair dismissal, race and sexual discrimination
- advising a well-known restaurant chain in relation to a pregnancy and disability discrimination claim
- advising a retail post office company on the implications of TUPE in relation to a large insourcing project
- assisting and advising clients (including most recently a large student accommodation provider and a German headquartered investment company) in the preparation of employment documentation
- delivering employment in specific training to HR professionals most recently regarding social media in the workplace and managing long term sickness absences.
Louisa joined the firm in September 2017, having qualified at a national firm in Bristol in March 2016. Prior to her training, Louisa led the Simmons & Simmons paralegal team, focusing mainly on financial markets litigation.