Louis-Maël is head of the firm’s Luxembourg office. He acts for international investment banks in both capital markets and international banking work, with a particular focus on issues of debt securities, securitisation transactions, syndicated lending and leveraged acquisition finance.
He also advises banks and other professionals of the financial sectors on specific regulatory matters.
- Recent Work
- advising a major private equity house for their acquisitions of target groups in France, Germany, Spain and Italy
- advising a major Irish company in the communication sector in relation to the refinancing of its debt through a Luxembourg structure
- advising a property manager in the refinancing of the debt of the owner of circa 35 real estate properties across Europe
- advising a major international bank in relation to its Luxembourg fiduciary programme and the change of the fiduciary depositary
- advising a major private equity house in relation to the financing of the acquisition of a target group through the issue of high yield bonds issued by a Luxembourg company and the listing of the bonds on the EuroMTF
- advising a major international bank in relation to the restructuring of its European activities and the change of its corporate form in Luxembourg. The European entities were initially supervised on a consolidated basis through the Luxembourg entity by the Luxembourg regulator.
Louis-Maël qualified as a lawyer (avocat) in 2008 and became a partner at Simmons & Simmons LLP in 2015.
Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons LLP, Louis-Maël worked at magic circle law firm.
Louis-Maël holds a Master’s degree in International Business Law from the University of Rennes I (France) and a Master’s degree in International Business Law from the University of Exeter (United Kingdom).
He has been a member of the Paris Bar (Avocat à la Cour) since 2008 and is registered with the Luxembourg Bar as well.