Loren joined Simmons & Simmons in October 2009 to head up the firm’s in-house eDiscovery Solutions team. Loren is an eDiscovery professional with over ten years of experience at international firms in both Australia and the UK.
Loren oversees the consultancy, project and technical support provided by the eDiscovery team. Loren has been instrumental in the firm’s creative use of the legal review technology, Relativity and the workflow supporting the use of technology assisted review and data analytics. The eDiscovery team were highly commended for their work in ‘Revolutionising eDiscovery’ in the FT Innovative Lawyer Awards 2016.
Loren is responsible for delivering a suite of services to the firm including managing and overseeing the life cycle of electronic disclosure projects, online document management (on contentious and non-contentious matters) and document review services. Loren has extensive experience in the management of large, multi-jurisdictional, complex and high profile document collation, management and review exercises.
During her time at Simmons & Simmons Loren has established a network of relationships which are fundamental to being able to offer a number of workflow solutions and costing options to best suit the client’s requirements. Loren is well known and highly respected within the industry and is often asked to speak at various seminars and conferences on developments within the eDiscovery industry.
- Recent Work
- using Relativity Analytics to identify key documents in a disclosure dataset leading to a cost savings of 82%
- overseeing collection, processing and review of 2TB of data within an 8 week deadline
- advising on an approach to a large scale audio data identification and collection
- advising on complex deduplication strategy over large volumes of Bloomberg data collections from America, Europe and Asia.
Prior joining Simmons & Simmons Loren worked in similar roles at magic circle firms in both the UK and Australia. Loren is a qualified lawyer and is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of NSW.
- Speaking Engagements
- “The Law Firm and the Service Provider: A Custom Development Partnership To Solve New Challenges” - RelativityFest (Chicago) - October 2016
- “What Can Techies Teach Lawyers?” - LawTech (Brussels) - October 2015
- “Legal Technology - The new breed of attorneys” - Asian eDiscovery, Legal Big Data Symposium (April 2014)
- “Relativity Session: What’s shaping eDiscovery in 2014?” - Asian eDiscovery, Legal Big Data Symposium (April 2014)
- “eDiscovery and the Jackson reforms - Game Changer or Damp Squib” - LawTech Futures (March 2014)
- “Artificial Intelligence and Predictive Coding” - ILTA Insight 2012 (May 2012).