Leon is a managing associate in the Capital Markets group of Simmons & Simmons. Leon focuses on Debt Capital Markets transactions, and has advised both Issuers and Dealers/Underwriters on Regulation S and Rule 144A debt and equity offerings, Euro Medium Term Note (EMTN) and Euro-Commercial Paper (ECP)/Certificates of Deposit (CD) Programme establishments and drawdowns, equity-linked offerings, Dim Sum and Formosa bonds, regulatory capital issuances and liability management exercises.
During his career, Leon has also undertaken a number of international and client secondments, including to the Debt Capital Markets and Treasury legal teams of major investment banks such as Barclays Bank PLC, Deutsche Bank AG (in Paris) and Rabobank (in the Netherlands), where he worked on Eurobonds, regulatory capital issuances, EMTN and ECP programmes, convertible and exchangeable bonds and liability management exercises.
- Recent Work
- advising J.P. Morgan Securities plc as arranger on the J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. US$65bn EMTN program, and on numerous issuances thereunder
- advising on the establishment, issuances and updates of the J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. US$10bn Note Programme
- advising LendInvest Limited on the establishment, issuances and updates of its LSE-ORB listed £500m EMTN programme, including several retail bond offerings thereunder
- advising the Joint Lead Managers on the issue of US$230m Convertible Bonds and concurrent US$300m Share Placing of Hurricane Energy plc
- advising Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. on multiple cash tender offers for US$ and £ securities listed on the LuxSE and ISE totalling approximately US$7.5bn
- advising the Dealers on the establishment of La Banque Postale’s STEP-labelled €10bn Euro-Commercial Paper Programme and La Poste’s STEP-labelled €500m Euro-Commercial Paper Programme
- advising CYBG PLC on the establishment and updates of its £10bn Global Medium Term Note Programme, and on issuances thereunder including MREL and Tier 2 Notes
- advising BNP Paribas as arranger on Hitachi Capital's US$4bn Euro Note Programme and issuances thereunder, including Dim Sum and Formosa Notes.
Leon is a qualified solicitor in England and Wales and holds a LLB Degree from the London School of Economics. He joined the Simmons & Simmons London office in 2013 from a magic-circle law firm. He has worked in London, Paris, Amsterdam, Hong Kong and Singapore.