Kathryn is a partner in the London capital markets group and member of the asset-backed finance and securitisation team. Kathryn has extensive experience advising on all forms of structured finance and securitisation transactions with a particular focus on residential mortgage-backed securitisations (RMBS), credit card securitisations (Cards), commercial mortgage-backed securitisations (CMBS), new origination and asset sale transactions and warehousing arrangements.
She also advises on secured corporate bonds and whole business securitisations (WBS) (including those backed by infrastructure and utility assets).
- Recent Work
- advised NatWest Markets as arranger on the Barley Hill No. 1 public RMBS securitisation
- advised the private bank lenders on the private warehouse securitisation of the Chester portfolio of Northern Rock mortgage loans sold by the UK Government
- advised Ulster Bank as originator on the Ardmore Irish RMBS securitisation transaction
- advised various new mortgage loan originators, international investment and retail banks on new origination and forward flow platforms and warehouse arrangements relating to various asset classes including mortgage loans, auto loans and consumer loans
- advised Latitude Financial on the establishment of the first credit card master trust transaction in Australia
- advised various arrangers and VFN lenders on the establishment of two credit card master trust transactions for NewDay and subsequent issuances
- advised various arrangers and lenders on three separate CMBS financings and refinancings for the Intu shopping centre group and a CMBS financing for Westfield
- advised the AA on the establishment of its whole business senior debt and high yield secured corporate transaction and subsequent PIK toggle trade.
Kathryn joined Simmons & Simmons in 2018, having previously trained and practiced at another magic circle firm.