Johanna is a lawyer in our Frankfurt office who specialises in advising on dispute resolution issues. Her main focus is on complex commercial litigation particularly corporate and financial markets related litigations as well as post M&A arbitration proceedings. In addition she advises clients on IP law and data protection related legal matters.
- Recent Work
- advising and representing a German real estate bank and their shareholders in several litigation proceedings based on losses from interest rate derivative transactions
- advising and representing an English airline company on several litigation proceedings regarding reclaim of alleged state aid based on EU state aid law
- advising a satellite operator and obtaining a preliminary injunction in a dispute regarding an orbital position
- advising and representing on several DIS (German Institution of Arbitration) arbitration proceedings regarding damage claims after M&A transactions
- representing an international market research company in litigation based on internet related legal matters
- advising a major social media company on internet related legal questions, in particular IP / IT law and data protection law related issues
- advising an international financial service provider with regard to damage claims based on trademark infringements
- advising and monitoring of litigations for a US chemical distribution company to avoid liability due to an infringement of the European Medical Devices Directive.
Johanna studied law at Goethe University, Frankfurt and Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich. She has been admitted as a lawyer since 2012. Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons in 2016 Johanna worked for another international law firm in Frankfurt.