Jocelyn has wide experience of advising asset managers, financial institutions and other public and private companies and LLPs on corporate and private equity transactions, financings and corporate governance. He specialises in private and public M&A, equity investments and joint ventures. He also has a particular focus on the Healthcare, Life Sciences, Technology and Asset Management sectors (including Infrastructure and Real Estate Funds).
Jocelyn is recognised by the Legal 500 UK 2019 legal directory for his expertise in private equity, venture capital, AIM and healthcare transactions (where he is described by people he has worked with as "responsive and solutions-oriented" and having "an excellent knowledge of the healthcare market and the legal and contractual frameworks"). He has also previously been recommended by the Legal 500 UK and Chambers & Partners UK legal directories for corporate/M&A (with particular reference to his work for healthcare & life sciences clients).
- Recent Work
- Spire Healthcare on various corporate transactions and strategic agreements
- a private equity investor on its bid for Care UK’s mental healthcare business and its acquisition of care homes
- Pro Bono Bio on its acquisition of certain portfolio businesses and minority interests of the Celtic Pharma fund
- the shareholders of Intelligent Ultrasound on its sale to AIM-quoted Medaphor Group in a share-for-share exchange
- Fortune 500 company Avery Dennison on its investment in the £18m funding round of Cambridge tech company PragmatIC Printing
- German listed company Infineon Technologies on the sale of its Newport manufacturing site
- Deka Immobilien on the £164m acquisition of One St Peter’s Square, Manchester
- Mainstream Renewable Power on a £177.5m equity investment from a number of institutional investors
- an AIM-quoted real estate fund on a takeover bid for the fund for an EV of €106m.
Jocelyn joined Simmons & Simmons in 2014 as a partner in the Corporate group. He was previously a partner at another leading international law firm from 2007, and prior to that he worked at two “magic circle” firms. He was seconded to Bupa in 2007. Jocelyn is a graduate of Oxford University.