Joanna is a partner specialising in disputes and investigations in the financial institutions, wealth and asset management sectors. She has advised investment banks, asset managers and other major financial institutions in relation to a wide range of issues, including: regulatory and internal investigations; structured products and derivatives disputes; portfolio mis-management claims; contractual interpretation; jurisdiction; and hedge fund disputes.
- Recent Work
- acting for an investment bank in relation to a dispute as to the management of a notional portfolio of assets
- undertaking an investigation for an asset manager in relation to a series of investments made for clients by an individual portfolio manager
- undertaking an investigation for an investment bank in relation to the activities of a London based trading desk
- advising the private banking division of a global investment bank in respect of a dispute as to the exercise of discretion in connection with prime brokerage margin requirements, involving issues in London, Hong Kong and Singapore
- acting for the wealth management division of an investment bank in relation to allegations of negligence in connection with advisory mandates
- advising various clients on claims for declaratory relief in the English courts in respect of ISDA transaction agreements entered into with Italian municipalities and other European public entities
- acting for a hedge fund in respect of a partnership dispute in the Jersey courts
- litigation relating to the Lehman estate involving jurisdiction and ISDA loss calculation issues.
Joanna joined Simmons & Simmons in 1999 and has been a partner since 2011. Joanna relocated from London to the Singapore office in June 2015 and rejoined the London team August 2018.
Solicitor, England & Wales.