Jayne is a partner in the commercial litigation department. Jayne has extensive experience in international arbitration, litigation and mediation. Jayne has primarily been involved in complex high-value contract disputes in the technology, telecoms, energy and finance sectors. Jayne is an active member of the firm’s International Arbitration Group, and is also a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, and the Young LCIA and ICC groups.
- Recent Work
- successfully acting on behalf of a BVI company in an LCIA arbitration seeking damages and specific performance of a multi million pound option agreement
- acting for a Turkish state entity in an ICC arbitration concerning a multi-million dollar dispute over the construction of an oil pipeline, and representing that entity in enforcement proceedings in Jersey
- successfully acting for an international financial institution in relation to a LCIA arbitration concerning several claims arising from contractual arrangements regarding a Middle Eastern Joint Venture Company
- acting for a Turkish company in relation to the enforcement of an ICC Award against a Ukrainian state-owned entity
- acting for a German construction company in relation to the successful enforcement in England of two ICC awards made against an African state entity relating to a major road construction project in Africa
- acting for an Italian engineering company in relation to an ICC arbitration commenced by a Saudi Arabian company in relation to the supply of machinery for a major project
- acting for a European company in an LCIA arbitration with a major Chinese telecoms company relating to commission arrangements
- advising a major Brazilian construction company in relation to potential ICC proceedings against a Chinese manufacturing company
- advising an international corporation in two potential LCIA arbitrations regarding mining and commodities disputes
- advising an international financial institution in relation to the enforcement of the LCIA Award.
- regular speaker at arbitration conferences
- expert author for Arbitration section of LexisPSL Dispute Resolution (ongoing)
- co-author of the UK Chapter of the PLC Arbitration Multi-jurisdictional guide (2015)
- co-author of The Privileged Ones published in CDR (August 2012)
- co-author of Arbitration Matters, a Simmons & Simmons publication (April 2009; October 2010; January 2012)
- CEDR Award for Excellence in ADR (2006)
- author of The EU Mediation Atlas: Practice and Regulation, published by LexisNexis (October 2004).
Jayne qualified in March 2004 and joined Simmons & Simmons in September 2006.
Jayne is ranked as notable practitioner in the field of International Arbitration in Chambers UK (2014 and 2015) and described as "particularly outstanding", "dedicated" and "very bright". Legal 500 (2015) describe her as “a star in the making” and in Legal 500 (2014) as “giving fantastic service” in the field of International Arbitration. She was partner on the arbitration team commended for its work on the Nomihold Arbitration and enforcement proceedings in the FT Innovative Lawyer Awards 2012.
Jayne is also a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and a member of the LCIA, ICC and ICCA.