Isabella is a partner in the corporate group in London. She has experience in a wide range of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and public and private fundraisings, including in particular advising funds and asset managers on infrastructure investments.
- Recent Work
- advising Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec on its £644m acquisition of a 25% interest in the London Array, the largest offshore wind farm in the world, from Dong Energy
- advising Veolia Water UK plc on its £1.2bn disposal of its UK regulated water business to Rift Acquisitions, a company formed by the Infracapital and Morgan Stanley infrastructure funds
- advising CFIG on the co-investment arrangements in relation to KKR's acquisition of Cambridge and South Staffs Water
- advising CVC infrastructure fund on two potential acquisitions in the UK water sector
- advising Ruffer Illiquid Strategies Fund on its investment in a basket of distressed hedge fund assets
- advising on the creation of a single UCITS/AIFMD “SuperManCo” for a leading European asset manager, by means of cross-border mergers
- advising Macquarie in connection with the acquisition of Basinghall Finance Limited
- advising a consortium comprising funds advised by Orion Resources Partners and Audley Capital Partners on the acquisition of Anglo American Norte S.A. - comprising the Mantoverde and Mantos Blancos copper mines in Northern Chile, from Anglo American plc for an upfront consideration of $300m, potentially rising to $500 contingent on certain factors.
Isabella joined Simmons & Simmons in 1997 and became a partner in 2008. Before returning to London in 2011, Isabella spent 2.5 years in the firm's Abu Dhabi office. She also has in-house experience, having being seconded to UBS, Barclays, Tawazun and most recently Macquarie Capital.