Dr Ina vom Feld
Ina specialises in patent law advice and the conduct of patent law proceedings with a special focus on the life sciences sector. She has extensive experience in providing strategic advice and with regard to multinational litigation, including its coordination and execution.
She also advises on licence agreements, research and development contracts as well as on pharma typical contracts such as clinical trial contracts. Ina has specific expertise in pharmaceutical law with a particular focus on data exclusivity issues. She also advises on IP aspects of corporate transactions.
She is involved in opposition and nullity proceedings before the European Patent Office and the German Federal Patent Court together with patent attorneys.
- Recent Work
- advising a global pharmaceutical company and enforcing their patent portfolio covering blockbuster products
- advising a global pharmaceutical company in relation to biosimilars and injection devices
- advising and representing a US biotech company in relation to supplementary protection certificates for antibody products
- representation of a global pharmaceutical company in proceedings before the Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices (BfArM) relating to data exclusivity issues
- advising on and negotiating of clinical trial contracts for numerous biotech companies.
Ina studied law at the Universities of Cologne and Frankfurt and wrote her doctoral thesis in the field of technology law under a scholarship of the Max Planck Society.
She trained, inter alia, in a US law firm. Subsequently, Ina practised in the Düsseldorf office of an international law firm focusing on intellectual property for 12 years, where she was made partner in 2008. She joined Simmons & Simmons in autumn 2014.
Ina is a member of the German-American Lawyers Association and the German Intellectual Property and Copyright Association. She publishes and speaks regularly on patent law and pharmaceuticals law related issues.
Ina has been selected by her peers for inclusion in the 2017 as well as in the 2018 edition of The Best Lawyers in Germany, as published in the German financial newspaper Handelsblatt.